I am addicted to Kale Chips! At a nutrition class we learned how great Kale is for us and to eat it regularly. This is my favorite way to get this nutrient packed veggie into my life. Kale chips are great as a snack or sprinkled on a salad. Once you start eating this crisp treat, you can’t stop.
Kale ready for the oven.
1, 10 oz. bag of Kale pieces or a large bunch
1 Tbsp. Olive oil
½ tsp. salt
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees and put out 2 large cookie sheets with the small sides.
* If you are using a bunch of Kale, remove the leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite size pieces. The bag of Kale I found at Trader Joes was already cut into nice sized pieces.
* Wash the Kale and dry thoroughly. Dry using a salad spinner then put the kale on a large dishtowel patting down to make sure it is very dry.
* Drizzle the kale with olive oil massaging oil into each piece until they are nice and shiny.
* Arrange leaves in single layer on 2 large baking sheets.
* Sprinkle sea salt over the top of the kale.
* Bake until the edges are brown but are not burnt, 15-24 minutes. Rotate between shelves ½ way through cooking. Some will be done sooner than others. When they are crisp, place the finished ones on a plate and continue cooking the others until they are done. When you move the pans, they will sound crispy.
* Store in a container if you have any left.
Have these often!
Post a Comment